- Directorate of Pension, Provident Fund and Insurance (DoPPFI) is a HoD office under the Finance Department of Government of Madhya Pradesh (GoMP).
- The Department of Finance, Government of Madhya Pradesh monitors all receipt, expenditure and financial management of the State. The Department of Finance is the administrative department controlling five Directorates like Directorate of Treasuries and Accounts, Directorate of Financial Management and Information System, Directorate of Institutional Finance, Directorate of Local Fund and Audit and Directorate of Pension Provident Fund and Insurance.
- Three Corporation/Company/Board also works under Finance Department of GoMP i.e. Madhya Pradesh Finance Corporation Provident Investment Company Limited, Madhya Pradesh Venture Finance Limited and Madhya Pradesh Venture Finance Trusty Ltd.
- DoPPFI administers’ and monitors’ Divisional & District Pension Offices (DPOs) located at the 7 divisional headquarters and 44 districts of Madhya Pradesh.
- DoPPFI manages the Pension, Provident Fund, Insurance & Welfare fund related issues of employees/pensioners of GoMP.
- It also works as a State Nodal Office for implementation of National Pension System (NPS) in Madhya Pradesh for subscribers of GoMP w.e.f. 1.1.2005, for All India Services (AIS) Officers : w.e.f. 1.1.2004, Niyamit Karmi/Daily Wages Employees(DWEs): w.e.f. 23.11.2014, Contractual Employees of GoPM w.e.f June 2018,Stipend Employees of GoMP w.e.f. December 2019 and State Autonomous Bodies (SABs): w.e.f. 1.1.2005.
- It also manages registration, data & fund transfer processes and NPS related various issues of subscribers of GoMP.
- DPOs (District & Divisional) are responsible for issuance of pension, gratuity and commutation payment order (PPO, GPO & CPO) for state government employees. It is also responsible for scrutiny of pay fixation done by various offices and revision of pension cases done by drawing and disbursement officer of different district.
- Hon’ble Chief Minister conferred State e_Governance Award to DoPPFI in 2009-10 for Best Initiatives/Innovative Ideas in implementation of NPS.